Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's about time I update this blog. Life has been busy around the Kelley home. My Mom, Mimi came to visit a couple of weeks ago to visit and be here when John came home from his mission. Mimi helped make some curtains for our living and dining room and I put up the curtain rods. We got them finished the day before John came home! they look great. Elder Kelley arrived home on March 6, 2009 at 9:33 at the airport. Mimi and Kristen and Matthew and I went to pick him up. (Jamie had to work). Oh, and Nathan went with us also. Stephen and Sonja and Jamie and Doug were home to greet John when we arrived home. We all had fun visiting with John and seeing pictures he took on his mission. He was released as a missionary on Saturday morning. Later, on Saturday at about 1:30 p.m. Kevin and Jared, Raina and Cara arrived at our house then, we all went out to eat at Los Cucos. We decided to go out to the Katy Cemetary since Kevin and Mimi were here and show Kevin's kids Papa's grave site. then, we drove past Mimi's old house to show them where Kevin and I spent our last school years. We also went past and around Katy High School and the Merrell Center. Katy has grown so very much since our parents moved to Katy 30 years ago. It has so many more schools and stores, and now it's getting 3 new hospitals being built out this way. It's been a great place to raise a family. On Sunday, John gave his homecoming talk in Sacrament meeting. He gave a great talk. We're pleased he has matured and grown in the gospel. He made many friends on his mission and helped many people. He loved his mission. We happy to have him home.

1 comment:

Da Bergs said...

HOW nice, I didnt know Kevin came... I want to see pics of the newly returned RM!!!! AND of the curtains ya'll made!!! POST PICTURES!!!! LOVE YOU!

Nathan

Nathan
He's a cutie!

Raina and Cara

Raina and Cara
Where's the Fiesta?

Time Out For Women

Time Out For Women
Kenneth Cope and Kelley